Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Cheap Eats: Vegan (or not) Applesauce Pancakes

I finished one drapery panel last night, but I'm afraid I won't get around to the next one until later this week.  Here's a yummy recipe in the meantime.


These pancakes are perfect on a Saturday morning.  They're perfect for any morning.  I like to make a batch and put them in the fridge or freezer for my little guy to eat throughout the week.  Hence, the baby-sized pancakes.  That's not a giant plate with regular sized pancakes.

Here's the recipe:
1 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
2 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Tsp Baking Soda
1 Tsp Cinnamon
1/2 Tsp Salt
1 1/4 Cups Almond Milk (or any other kind of milk)
1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
1/2  Cup Apple Sauce

Mix the dry ingredients together.  Then mix the wet ingredients in a separate bowl.  Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.  Mix with a whisk.  Do not over stir.  Let the batter rest for a minute or two while your griddle is heating up.  For baby-sized or silver dollar pancakes use about two tablespoons of batter for each pancake.  Cook on one side for about two minutes or until the batter starts to bubble.  Then flip and cook on the other side for another 2 minutes.

These always come out so moist and fluffy, and they are perfect with just a little bit of maple syrup!


2 comments:

Deana K said...

Hi Aaron! I'm just doing some blog-stalking, haha, and saw these pancakes. I'd love to make some for Elliott! One question--
You put: 1 1/4 Almond Milk and 1/2 Apple Sauce. Are those cups? Tbsp? Maybe I'll just wing it and see how they end up! :)
Thanks! (Great blog, by the way!)

Aaron said...

Yes, they're cups. I can't beleive I forgot to write that!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...